Im excited to inform everyone that I recently got accepted to go to Tauranga, New Zealand with an organization called Youth With a Mission (YWAM). There I will be spending 12 weeks learning and going deeper with God, learning and experiencing the heart of missions. There I will also be provided with medical training. After the regular DTS classroom time in the morning a special “stream” is run once a week in the afternoon teaching a special course called "Basic Skills for Medical Missions”. Subjects covered are, Common Dental Conditions, Common Eye Conditions, Patient Assessment, Chronic Diseases such as Hypertension and Diabetes, Hygiene/Infection Control, Skin Infections, Wound Care, Health Education, Emergency Child Birth, Tropical Diseases and Nutrition. Qualified healthcare professionals teach the course and a certificate will be issued for it.
I am beyond blessed and excited for what God has in store for me and my future! Stay tuned for more updates!!
Blessings,
Mallory
If you want to read more about YWAM and the school that I will be attending in New Zealand visit the following websites :)
http://mrmdts.org/schools/medicalcompassion-dts/
www.ywam.org
No comments:
Post a Comment